Sunday 6 September 2009

Weekly roundup...

Well it turned September in the Guild and my calendar appeared to explode this week but I definately feel like i'm getting into my stride now and so far so good...i'm loving it!

I have already blogged a couple of times this week on some of the big things I have been doing but here is a quick break down of everything else...

Started off the week with a mass of job applications landing on my desk, i'm involved in the recruitment of two education and welfare advisors for the ARC as well as a student support advisor (one of the mentor co-ordinators). We had an insane amount of applications and reading through them all took up a lot of time this week, the good news though is with such competitive vacancies we are sure to get some more fantastic staff working for us very soon!

I have also been finalisng plans for the Equality and Diversty Committee ready, we now have the provisional terms of reference sorted so we know what the point of the group is and who is going to be in it (always a good start I reckon!). Elections will be taking place in the first Guild Council at the end of October. There will be four places in the group and anyone can stand to be elected onto it even if you are not a Guild Councillor. More info about what the group does and how to get involved will be available in welcome week.

I have also been involved in discussions about the future of the ARC; as part of the redevelopment the ARC along with the other membership services will be moving and getting a makeover. This is also a great opportunity to review what the ARC does, how we can improve the services we offer and how we go about delivering them. As per usual there is never a straightforward answer but I will be working with the rest of the staff and student advice (the volunteering group that trains volunteers to staff the advice desk) to work out how we make the ARC the best it possibly can be.

In other news I managed to get my hands on approximately 5000 condoms for both Chill Out @ Freshers Fest and Well Being. I have also been helping Freshers Fest with their welfare related activites and spending more time planning the Wellbeing Zone at Welcome Week, (Tuesday 22nd September, 11- 3 -Common Room) Make sure you are there!! I also attended the second democratic review meeting; (we now have an action plan ready to go) and I represented a student in a plagiarism hearing on Friday

Well that's about it for this week, I decided to come home for the weekend and the sunday roast is just about ready, so for now...keep protecting your welfare with a Johnny!

No comments:

Post a Comment