Friday 7 August 2009

Action through advocacy training


It's the end of my first week in office and so I thought I would just post a quick blog on what I got upto;

I spent monday moving into my new office with Ed and rearranging the furniture, ordering stationary and setting up voicemail on the phone (all the important stuff!)before heading down to London for the rest of the week for Sabbatical Officer summer training.

I atteneded the NUS action through advocacy training which gave me an amazing opportunity to meet loads of other Welfare and Education officers from across the UK.
We had talks and presentations on the challenges in the year ahead for the NUS and loads of workshops to attend on stuff we want to do this year.

Overall I met some amazing people and definately came away with a few more ideas of what to do this year and how to do it.

Next week im back in the office so I guess the real work begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment