Sunday 2 August 2009

Training over...lets get going!



So I have spent the last month in training and i'm now officially about to begin.
The last month has been both hard work and emotionally draining at times but it has definately been worthwhile, here are just some of the highlights of my month of training...

> Well it was mainly filled with flip charts, mind mapping and action plans (necessary but a bit dry at times)where I had more information about the guild thrown at me than I even knew existed.

> We got thrown in the deep end with a full day simulation of being a sabb where I had to deal with swine flu, major crises and political smoozing with the univeristy. It was definately a baptism of fire!

> In between all of the guild fun I had some time out to graduate and spend a few days chilling in London!

> I also had the opportunity to do some pretty cool things during my handovers with Hollie, I got a tour of the police station (including the cells) and the CCTV operations centre, the chance to meet some of the people i'm going to be working with this year and I visited our satellite site in Stratford; the Shakespeare institute.

So, now it's time to begin...

P.S thanks to my friend Cath for the 'amazing' photograhic interpretation of being ready to start.

2 comments:

  1. Well done for allowing anonymous posts Johnny.

    Needless to say the President is already censoring the masses :P

    ReplyDelete